First Wave of Rogue Invites Sent Out
The first round of invitations to compete at the 2022 Rogue Invitational have been sent out. A total of 20 male and female athletes will compete October 28-30, 2022 at Dell Diamond stadium just outside of Austin, Texas.
Who gets an invite: Based on conversations with multiple managers and athletes, the first round of invitations includes only the top 10 finishers from the 2022 NOBULL CrossFit Games so far.
- Justin Medeiros | Tia-Clair Toomey
- Roman Khrennikov | Mallory O’Brien
- Ricky Garard| Laura Horvath
- Samuel Kwant | Danielle Brandon
- Jeffrey Adler | Brooke Wells
- Patrick Vellner | Emma Lawson
- Jayson Hopper | Kara Saunders
- Lazar Đukić | Gabriela Migała
- Björgvin Karl Guðmundsson | Haley Adams
- Guilherme Malheiros | Alexis Raptis
How they’ll fill the remaining spots: In previous years, they’ve extended invites further down the line after athletes decline. Rogue is also bringing back the online qualifier, which takes place from August 26-28, and they have committed to filling at least five male and female spots from the qualifier.
The big picture: Since it was first started in 2019, the Rogue Invitational has quickly catapulted to being the pinnacle off-season CrossFit competition, awarding more than $250,000 each to the winners from a current prize purse of $1.25 million.
- Rogue also offers travel stipends for airfare, free hotels and no registration fees, at least for invited athletes, something which no other competition, including the Games, offers.
- Rogue also pays out all athletes competing with the last place finishers earning $5,000.
- In the past Rogue also paid out $5,000 to event winners.