Samsung Educates CrossFitters With New Partnership
Samsung Electronics America is making a big move to help educate CrossFitters. The technology company has announced a new partnership with the 2023 iteration of TYR Wodapalooza. It will now be the Official Data Wearable and Timing Partner.
The details: According to a press release, the Samsung Galaxy Watch5 and Watch5 Pro will be the focus of this collaboration. Samsung will be part of the Online Qualifier and the in-person competition alike while providing “accurate finishing times” for each event.
- Samsung will also provide attendees with the opportunity to test out the Watch5 with workouts and other events at the Miami venue. The goal is to provide education about the different workout settings, heart rate tracking, body mass readings, sleep coaching, and VO2 max “zone” readings.
- Athletes and attendees will also test the new Sapphire Crystal display, which Samsung Electronics America says can “handle the wear-and-tear from barbells and other equipment.”
Marco Sagrera, Chief Strategy Officer of Loud And Live: “We are extremely excited to partner with such a legendary brand with products of the highest quality. We couldn’t feel stronger that collectively, this partnership brings us closer to our core focus, of creating an experience that celebrates fitness, community, and ultimately, life. We can’t wait to showcase the Galaxy Watch5 Series, and how together with Samsung, we’ll continue elevating the event.”
A history in CrossFit: While the partnership with TYR Wodapalooza is significant, it will not mark the first time that Samsung has embraced CrossFit. The company has previously helped bring fitness to international enthusiasts.
- Back in 2015, Samsung headed to Rio de Janeiro with its specialized “Samsung Training Truck, a CrossFit box on wheels.” The vehicle carried around barbells, kettlebells, and plyo boxes as it visited long stretches of beach.
- The Samsung Training Truck made multiple stops and offered multiple free CrossFit classes between 6 and 9 PM. These classes – which ran Monday through Saturday – were limited to 30 participants, and they offered a variety of WODs.
The dates: Samsung previously brought fitness to residents of Rio de Janeiro; now the company will play a major role in a beloved CrossFit competition while trying to reach more people.
- The TYR Wodapalooza Online Challenge and Qualifier began September 15th. They will run until October 22nd as top athletes attempt to secure their invites.
The in-person festival and competition will take place from January 13-16th, 2023. TYR Wodapalooza will once again return to the Bayfront Park in downtown Miami.