CrossFit Announces Semifinal Locations
On the afternoon of December 20th, CrossFit announced the news we’ve all been anticipating: where exactly the 2023 NOBULL CrossFit Games Semifinals will be taking place. In addition to the three Semifinals CrossFit is hosting (North America East, North America West and Europe), the organization will partner with event organizers for the remaining four regions in Asia, South America, Africa, and Oceania.
- May 18-21, North America East Seminal: Orlando, FL (Orange County Convention Center – West Concourse, USA)
- May 19-21, Africa: REBEL Renegade Games (University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg)
- May 25-28, North America West Semifinal: Pasadena, CA (Pasadena Convention Center, USA)
- May 26-28, Oceania: Torian Pro (Pat Rafter Arena – Brisbane in Queensland, Australia)
- May 26-28, South America: Copa Sur (Arena Carioca 1 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
- June 1-4, Europe: Berlin, Germany (Max-Schmeling-Halle)
- June 2-4, Asia: Far East Throwdown (Bexco in the Republic of Korea)
In an expansion of the CrossFit and NOBULL partnership, it was simultaneously announced that the brand would become the title sponsor of each of the seven competitions.
Remind me: CrossFit released the official 2023 rulebook in November, detailing the structure, standards and expectations for the upcoming season. Semifinals will look a lot like the old Regionals format, with CrossFit HQ programming each of the workouts. In November, CrossFit also detailed the new worldwide ranking system and strength of field, which will help determine which areas have the strongest field, and in turn reserving 17 of the 40 Games qualification spots for the most competitive regions.
What’s Next: Spectator tickets, accommodations and live stream information is expected to be announced soon. As for the calendar, the season kicks off February 16, 2023 with the NOBULL CrossFit Open and Age-Group Semifinals will take place online April 28-30, 2023. The six-day long CrossFit Games will return to Madison, WI on August 1, 2023 for the final time before moving to Alabama in 2024.