CrossFit Releases Equipment List for the 2023 Open
The 2023 CrossFit Open begins on February 16— giving athletes across the globe a chance to see where they stack up. It also marks the start of the season for elite athletes vying for a spot to the 2023 NOBULL CrossFit Games.
CrossFit has just released the complete equipment list for athletes and affiliates participating in the Open and subsequent online events.
Key links for the CrossFit Open
- Feb 16 – 20 – Open week 1
- Feb 23 – 27 – Open week 2
- Mar 2 – 6 – Open week 3
Below is a “non-specific/non-exhaustive list of equipment you should have access to if you plan on competing in the Open and any online events,” said CrossFit in a release.
- Barbells: 35 lb (15 kg), 45 lb (20 kg)
- Standard bumper plates, change plates, and collars
- Dumbbells: 70 lb (32.5 kg), 50 lb (22.5 kg), 35 lb (15 kg), and 20 lb (10 kg)
- Kettlebells: 16 kg, 24 kg, and 32 kg
- Medicine balls: 20 lb (9 kg), 14 lb (6 kg), and 10 lb (4 kg)
- Plyo boxes: 20 in, 24 in, and 30 in
- Gymnastics rings
- Jump ropes
- Concept2 rower
- Pull-up bar to perform movements including but not limited to:
- Wall space to perform movements including but not limited to:
- Wall walks
- Handstand push-ups
- Wall-ball shots
- Clear floor space (25 ft)
- *Climbing ropes (15 ft)
*Climbing ropes and GHDs will not be required for the Open but may be used during later stages of online competition.