2023 TYR Wodapalooza Programming Analysis: Individual Division
The individuals at the 2023 TYR Wodapalooza will be tested across six events over two days; three of the events will feature a two-part format. The programming includes more than 26 movement variations and 15 different pieces of equipment and implements. Today we’re breaking down the events based on modalities and time domains.
Modality balance: Weightlifting continued its dominance in the offseason programming, with an external load being featured in all six of the individual WZA events. Gymnastics was close behind, appearing in five of the six events. Monostructural elements were mixed into four of the six events.
- Barbell squats (back, front and overhead)
- DB bench press
- Power snatch
- Clean and jerk
- Wall balls
- KB walking lunges (overhead and front rack)
- Double KB hang clean and jerk
- Double KB thrusters
- D-Ball cleans
- D-Ball bearhug carry
- Ring muscle-ups
- C2B pull-ups
- Bar facing burpees
- Parallette free-standing handstand hold
- Rope climbs (legless and regular)
- GHD sit-ups (weighted and regular)
- Hurdle jumps
- Echo bike
- Drag rope double unders
- Assault runner
- Shuttle run
Time domains: This year’s TYR Wodapalooza features two longer events (by offseason standards), looking to be in the 14+ minute range. Three of the events include a two-part format, with each of these having completely different movements and rep schemes during the second portion of the event.
- Rings and Squats: 6-10 minutes (12 minute cap)
- Miami Meat Market and Dirty Isabel: 5-7 minutes, 4-6 minutes (17 minute total cap)
- We Have Lift Off: N/A
- Double Shot with a Splash: 14-18 minutes (20 minute cap)
- Back to the Future: 18-22 minutes (22 minute time cap)
- Start Fast & Finish Strong: 3-4 minutes, 6-8 minutes (15 minute total cap)
The bottom line: The variety of movements and implements being featured in such a condensed period of time will be entertaining for the fans to see some of the fittest athletes on earth compete in their final offseason event before the start of the 2023 season.