How Did Laura Horvath, Gabriela Migala and Jamie Simmonds Win TYR Wodapalooza? Consistency is Key
The women’s team division was a nail biter down to the final event at TYR Wodapalooza, but it was consistency that carried Team BPN to the top of the podium. Laura Horvath, Gabriela Migala and Jamie Simmonds are three of the best CrossFitters in the world and have complementary skill sets that helped them be consistent all weekend.
Event breakdown: In eight scored events, Team BPN had two event wins and only one placement outside the top three.
- E1 – Start Fast, Finish Faster: 6th place
- E2 – Chasing Waterfalls (A): 2nd place
- E2 – Chasing Waterfalls (B): 3rd place
- E3 – Sync Up and Squat: 1st place
- E4 – Holds and Climbs: 1st place
- E5 – 3, 2, 1 Lift Off: 2nd place
- E6 – The Kitchen Sync (A): 3rd place
- E6 – The Kitchen Sync (B): 3rd place
Tie break victory: At the end of the competition, there was a tie for overall points between Team BPN and The Dottirs ft. MOB, but the tie break was given to Team BPN for having more event wins (two compared to The Dottirs ft. MOB’s one).
The bottom line: Wodapalooza always signifies a turning point, as we kick off the new year and get ready for the upcoming season. With only one month left until the first Open announcement, it looks as though Laura Horvath and company have bragging rights in Miami until next year.