CrossFit Announces New 2023 Season Details and CrossFit Games Schedule
CrossFit dropped some new details about the 2023 NOBULL CrossFit Games season on its revamped website today.
The biggest news is arguably the fact that 2023 NOBULL CrossFit Open registrants will now be able to see how many people from their region will make it to Quarterfinals.
Remind me: In previous years CrossFit has stated that the top 10% of individuals and top 25% of teams move on to Quarterfinals.
- The revamped website now has raw numbers for each region’s Quarterfinal that will be updated as Open registration grows over the next few weeks. For example, right now 2508 men and 1704 women from Europe will advance to Quarters, while 331 men and 347 women will advance from Oceania.
- According to the CrossFit website, “The final cutline (for Quarters) will be set as of the close of the Open on March 6, 2023.”
- Another significant change is that CrossFit will only announce “one or two workouts” per day for three days, as opposed to releasing all Quarterfinal workouts at once as in years past. Athletes will have the following 24 hours to perform those one to two workouts before submitting their scores by the deadline.
- This matters because, for the past two seasons, athletes could “game” Quarterfinals by choosing which workouts to do, in which order, as long as they submitted them in the correct order and by the correct deadlines.
The second piece of intel is the schedule for the 2023 NOBULL CrossFit Games, which will take place August 1-6 in Madison, WI.
- Things will kick off March 7 with pre-sale codes being released, and then on March 20 tickets will be available to the general public.
- The Games itself will start with the Age Group divisions on Aug. 1 at 8 AM CT at the Alliant Energy Center, running through to Aug. 3. The Adaptive division will also run during this time slot.
- The big dogs (the individuals) will kick off Aug. 3 at 8 AM CT, ending Aug. 6, and the team division will start Aug. 4 and run through to Aug. 6 as well.
One big thing: CrossFit HQ representatives have stated on numerous occasions that they are looking to create some consistency with the season structure and the biggest announcement – in which CrossFit will be taking over the Semifinals, in a quasi-return to the regional structure – does seem to indicate that things could start to become uniform every year, however time will tell.
Get the Newsletter
For a daily digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Competitions, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.
"*" indicates required fields