Nerding Out on Semifinals: 10 Stats from North America East Individual Event 2
Now that the first day of Individual competition has come to a close at the North America East Semifinals, we’ve gathered a set of numbers that led to some pretty interesting statistics on both the men’s and women’s side of competition.
If you haven’t seen our stats from Event 1 yet, give those a read here.
Danielle Brandon and Jayson Hopper were the overall leaders after Test 1, but the second event of the competition was a completely different test. Instead of a long cardio burner, Test 2 used short bursts of gymnastics to fatigue athletes before the scored portion of the workout—max burpee box jump-overs.
Let’s take a look at 10 of the most interesting numbers and statistics that came out of this event:
- Canadians won Event 2 in both the women’s and men’s divisions. Emma Lawson and Jeffrey Adler came out on top with 58 and 53 burpee box jump-over reps, respectively.
- Many athletes tied for the fastest time off of the rings with 38 seconds.
- The current top two women are both under 20 years old—Emma Cary (19) and Emma Lawson (18).
- Jeffrey Adler secured his third ever Semifinals event win. He has won 3 of his last 4 Semifinal events.
- Roman Khrennikov had the lowest Semifinal event finish of his career (23rd). This is his first time competing in a North American semifinal.
- Both Alex Vigneault and Danielle Kearns will be moved up from the first to the final heat after their performances on Day 1.
- 12 women (20%) and seven men (12%) were not able to complete one burpee rep.
- 15 men (25%) and nine women (15%) logged 40 or more burpee box jump-overs.
- Jeffrey Adler’s 53 reps won him the event in the men’s division, and would have been enough for third on the women’s side.
- Event winners Adler and Lawson completed all ring complexes unbroken. Evidently, this is what is required to win the event.
Now that Day 1 is officially complete, we have a better picture of which athletes are in line for a Games qualifying spot. That being said, there are still five events left, and anything could happen.
Get the Newsletter
For a daily digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Competitions, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.
"*" indicates required fields