Nerding Out on Semifinals: 10 Stats from North America East Individual Event 3 “Linda”
Day Two is called “moving day” in Crossfit for a reason, and the first event of the day definitely held up to the name.
Just as we did for yesterday’s events, we have included 10 of the most interesting and important stats that you should know that came out of Event 3 “Linda”.
For time: Semifinals Linda — 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 reps of:
- Dumbbell bench presses
- Squat cleans
Time cap: 17 minutes
Women: 220 pound deadlifts, 60 pound dumbbells, 105 pound squat cleans
Men: 295 pound deadlifts, 90 pound dumbbells, 145 pound squat cleans
Top 10 Stats
- With her top time of 11:46 Amanda Barnhart would’ve taken 1st place in the men’s division as well (18-second margin of victory over 1st place male Samuel Cournoyer)
- Amanda Barnhart was the only athlete to finish the event in under 12 minutes.
- A total of 11 women and 11 men finished under 14:00.
- 33/59 (56%) women didn’t finish under 17:00 cap.
- 18/56 (32%) men didn’t finish under 17:00 cap.
- This was Noah Ohlsen’s 2nd straight event finish in the top 5 (2nd, 5th)
- This was Samuel Cournoyer’s 1st ever Semifinals event win.
- This was Brooke Wells’ 2nd straight finish in 30th place or worse (34th, 30th).
- Crossfit Naples has 3 women in the top 6 (Emma Cary 2nd, Feerozeh Saghafi 4th, Danielle Brandon 6th) and 2 men in the top 7 (Dallin Pepper 5th, James Sprague 7th).
- PRVN only has 1 total athlete in the top 10 on both the men’s and women’s sides (Will Moorad 9th).
As there are still 2 more events to complete today, there is still a lot that is going to change before we get to the last 2 events tomorrow and determine this year’s 2023 Crossfit Games Qualifiers from the North America East division.
Get the Newsletter
For a daily digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Competitions, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.
"*" indicates required fields