Nerding Out at Semifinals: Craziest Stats From Event 7
After an intense 3 days of individual competition at the North America East Semifinal, we now have our official list of the 12 men and 11 women who will be competing at the 2023 Crossfit Games from this region.
There were many lead changes throughout the weekend which consisted of some surprises, some dominant performances, and of course many interesting statistics.
Now that everything is final, let’s take a look at some of the craziest stats from Event 7 and for the weekend as a whole.
Let’s begin with the craziest stat of the weekend:
1. If Brooke Wells would’ve run just 1 second faster on Event 5, she would’ve qualified for the Crossfit Games.
- Wells finished in 14th place (379 pts.) just 7 points behind 11th place finisher and last qualifier Paige Semenza (386 pts.).
- In Event 5 Wells finished in 10th (73 pts.) with a time of 3:31.85, but if she would’ve finished in 3:30.34 or less she would’ve finished 7th (82 pts.) in the event and had an additional 9 points. These 9 points would’ve given her a final total point tally of 388 points, which would have given her enough to qualify.
- This is the first time Wells won’t be at the Games in 9 years.
2. Jeffrey Adler, Emma Cary, and Dallin Pepper finished all 7 events in 10th place or better.
3. Since Semifinals began in 2021 Roman Khrennikov has finished in 10th place or better in every Semifinals event that includes a machine (rower, bike, ski-erg, runner).
4. Dallin Pepper got his first ever Semifinals event win in Event 7.
5. Spencer Panchik keeps the Panchik name alive at the Games by qualifying in 12th. A Panchik athlete has competed at the Crossfit Games every year since 2012.
6. 36% of female qualified athletes are named Emma or Paige (Emma Cary, Emma Lawson, Paige Powers, Paige Semenza).
7. 8th to 11th place on the women’s side was separated by only 12 total points.
8. Sydney Wells (Brooke Wells’ sister) qualifies for her first ever Crossfit Games.
9. Brute Strength athletes won Event 7 on both the men’s and women’s sides (Emma Cary, Dallin Pepper).
10. 3 Brute Strength athletes made it onto the overall podium (Cary 1st, Brandon 2nd, Pepper 3rd).
11. Only 3 total athletes earned more than 600 points throughout the weekend (Adler – 613, Cary – 607, Brandon – 601).
12. Six total athletes will make their rookie debut at the 2023 Crossfit Games:
- Sydney Wells
- Shelby Neal
- Caroline Stanley
- Luke Parker
- Jack Farlow
- James Sprague
Now that the first weekend of Semifinals is over, we have an idea of how fast each workout should take, which movements will separate the good from the elite, and what it takes to qualify for the Crossfit Games.
Next week we have the North America West, Oceania, and South America Semifinals so there will definitely be a lot of news to cover as well as plenty of interesting statistics.
We will continue to provide stats like the ones in this article throughout the remainder of Semifinals, so make sure to keep checking in in order to stay up to date.
Get the Newsletter
For a daily digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Competitions, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.
"*" indicates required fields