Nerding Out on Semifinals: 10 Stats from North America East Semifinal Event 6
Just as we predicted earlier in the week, Event 6 was going to be the most important event of the weekend for athletes attempting to qualify for the 2023 Crossfit Games.
While athletes like Spencer Panchik made big moves up (moving from 14th to 12th in a qualifying position), other athletes like Amanda Fischer, Keara Napoli, Austin Hatfield, and Benoit Boulanger lost their qualifying positions and now have to earn it back in the last event of the weekend.
Among the madness we gathered 10 of the most interesting and important stats from Event 6 that you can’t find anywhere else.
- Noah Ohlsen got his first ever Semifinal event win.
- Roman Khrennikov has never finished outside the top 10 in a Semifinals workout that involves a machine of any type (rower, bike, runner, ski-erg).
- Emma Cary, Jeffrey Adler, and Dallin Pepper still have no finishes outside of the top 10 through 6 Semifinal events.
- On the women’s side only 3 points separates 1st and 2nd, but 100 points separates 6th and 7th.
- Sydney Wells has beat her sister Brooke Wells in 4/6 events so far.
- Crossfit Naples (Brute Strength Program) has both of the top 2 women overall (Emma Cary 1st, Danielle Brandon 2nd).
- Every female finisher in the top 10 in Event 6 weighs 155 pounds or less.
- Only 2 total athletes on both the men’s and women’s side went under 10:00 (Noah Ohlsen, Will Moorad)
- Both Khrennikov and Moorad are tied for 5th with exactly 481 points
- Although in 19th place overall, it is still mathematically possible for Brooke Wells to qualify for the Games.
With only one event left to go all attention is now on the top 3 athletes in each division as well as the bubble athletes around the 10th-15th current placings.
Athletes on the bubble need to leave it all on the competition floor if they want to punch their tickets to Madison. There are no more chances after this.