Guido Trinidad’s Workout of the Week
Today’s workout is programmed by Guido Trinidad, a three-time Games veteran who finished 7th in the Men (35-39) division in 2017. Trinidad is probably more well-known as the founder of both Peak360 CrossFit in Miami, FL and the Wodapalooza Fitness Festival held every winter in Bayfront Park.
Complete for time:
- 12 Burpee Box Jump Overs (30 inches, 24 inches)
- 21 Power Cleans (115 pounds, 80 pounds)
Immediately into …
- 120 Double-Unders
- 21 Thrusters (115 pounds, 80 pounds)
- Box Jumps: The stimulus calls for a higher box, but adjust the height (24 inches, 20 inches) in the case (30 inches, 24 inches) is not feasible or will significantly slow you down.
- Power Cleans: The stimulus calls for a moderate to light barbel–a weight you should be able to cycle at least 10-15 reps fresh, if not, adjust to a weight that is feasible (95 pounds, 65 pounds).
- Double Unders: Here the stimulus calls for high volume reps, to build stamina and skill–you should be able to perform 50 unbroken reps, otherwise adjust to half of the reps, or single/double combo.
- Thrusters: Once again the stimulus calls for a moderate to light barbell–athletes should be able to complete 12-15 reps unbroken–if not, adjust weight accordingly (95 pounds, 65 pounds).
Advice from Guido: “Challenge yourself to be able to handle more work in less time, while also not redlining to a place that you cannot recover. Pace the first two rounds, then, hold on and drop the hammer in the last two.
Move through double-unders quickly, and any break that is necessary, make it short. Keep moving, and finish strong!”
You can now complete the Morning Chalk Up Workout of the Week in the WOD Proof app!
To inquire about submitting an upcoming workout of the week, shoot us a note.