Top 10 Individual Athlete Payouts for the 2023 NOBULL CrossFit Games Season
The 2023 NOBULL CrossFit Games season offered $431,000 at Semifinals and $2.945 million at the Games in total payouts for athletes across all divisions. With the Games behind us we’re taking a look at the top 10 individual athlete payouts of the season and some interesting stats now that the dust has settled.
Remind me: Last year, the total individual prize purse from the Games season was $2,518,132.
We’ve compiled a complete list based on the information available and include payouts from the 2023 Open, Semifinals, Games, and event win bonuses.
By the numbers: We’ve broken down some of the figures and found some interesting points worth noting.
- Emma Cary took 8th place at the Games, but her top scores in Open Workout 23.1 and the North America East Semifinal made her the 6th top paid athlete (in competition winnings) this season. Cary accumulated more cash earnings than Alexis Raptis, Katrin Davidsdottir, and Chandler Smith, who each placed 7th or above in Madison.
- Jeffrey Adler’s wins in the overall Open made him the top paid athlete this season with $350,000 in competition winnings alone.
- Laura Horvath earned the top Games bonus of all individual athletes with $17,000 added to her $315,000 first place check, thanks to five test wins and one second place finish.
- After Horvath and Adler, Jonne Koski earned the third highest bonus of all Games athletes with $8,000 added to his check for one test win, two second place finishes, and one third place finish.
- Emma Lawson took home the third highest winnings this season thanks to her third place finish in the Open, 4th place finish at North American East Semifinals, second place finish at the Games, and two test wins.
- The top 10 paid individuals took home a cumulative $1,420,523— 54.4% of the total Individual prize purse (including the Games, Semifinals, and the Open) in 2023.
- Only two of the men and three of the women (five athletes on the Top 10 list) pocketed any earnings from the 2023 CrossFit Open.
- Every single top 10 earner took 4th or better at their respective Semifinal event.
- Despite electing not to compete in her Semifinal event, HWPO standout athlete Mallory O’Brien earned $17,023 from her performances in the 2023 CrossFit Open.
- The Top 10 paid athletes earned 45.1% of the total test bonus money available. ($65,000 of the $144,000 available). Together, they had 14 test wins, 7 second place finishes, and 9 third place finishes.
Here is the list of the top ten athletes with the most payout this Games season:
- Laura Horvath – $339,000
- Emma Lawson – $142,500
- Arielle Loewen – $96,000
- Gabriela Migala – $70,000
- Alex Gazan – $60,000
- Emma Cary – $44,023
- Alexis Raptis – $43,000
- Katrin Davidsdottir – $42,000
- Paige Powers – $38,000
- Danielle Brandon – $36,000
- Jeffrey Adler – $350,000
- Patrick Vellner $140,000
- Roman Khrennikov – $98,023
- Brent Fikowski – $72,000
- Dallin Pepper – $53,000
- Jonne Koski – $51,000
- Lazar Dukic – $42,000
- Jay Crouch – $38,000
- Chandler Smith – $37,000
- Jelle Hoste – $34,000