While the athletes rest and recover in between events, here are a few ways you can keep yourself busy at the Alliant Energy Center and surrounding Madison area.
All Week Long
- Get a WOD in at the Assault Spectator Workout Area at the Alliant Energy Center. Register and reserve your spot for the weightlifting platforms or a WOD through Zen Planner.
- Drive a brand new Porsche on the autocross-course at the CrossFit Games, or pull a 911 for time. Sign up in the Vendor Pavilion at the Porsche booth.
- Starting Wednesday, July 31, all four Great Dane Pub locations will feature daily drink specials, a custom Rogue food menu, and exclusive Rogue + Great Dane T-shirts and pint cups.
- Madison-area businesses are embracing the CrossFit Games and all of the international athletes by celebrating a country of their choice. You can experience food and drinks from different countries each day.
- Beginning Monday, July 29 through August 5, you can head out to the Reebok Fit Barge on Lake Monona for workouts, athlete appearances, and other events.
- From Thursday through Sunday, Whiskey Jacks Madtown is partnering with Bear Komplex for happy specials and fun events every day, all day.
- Take advice from Games athlete Julie Foucher and try her top ten things to do in Madison, like getting in the lake, grabbing coffee from Collectivo, and having a picnic on the Memorial Union Terrace.
- Wednesday, July 3 RPM rope demo day at CrossFit Big Dane all day. Come try out
- FITAID and RPM will be running a special class from 4:00 until 6:00 with adaptive athlete Logan Aldridge at Big Dane Collective. There is a $20 drop-in fee.
- CrossFit Adept is hosting Beer and Barbells 2019 at
Wisconsin Brewing Companyfrom 4:00 – 8:00 PM. Admission is $10 and includes a workout, a pint, and a few fun souvenirs.
- The 2019 CrossFit Health Conference with Greg Glassman from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Tickets are $40
- 6:00 – 8:00 PM free Team Misfit takeover at Foremost CrossFit
- Wednesday and Thursday local artists will be creating three large CrossFit
Gamesthemed sidewalk chalk pieces on the Capitol Square in downtown Madison, and one sidewalk chalk piece at the Alliant Energy Center.
- Opening Ceremonies kick off at 9:00 AM in North Park.
- From 5:00 to 7:00 join RP and Trifecta for an “Eat and Speak” dinner at CrossFit Recursive, hosted by FITAID with Nick Shaw doling out free food and drinks.
- Caffeine and Kilos is hosting a free weightlifting clinic at CrossFit Big Dane at 5:30 PM with special guest 2016 olympian Morghan King.
- Workout with Christmas Abbott at Big Dane Collective from 9:00 to 11: 00 AM. You’ll get a free FITAID and you can grab a meal by Marigold Kitchens. Drop-in fee is $20.
- 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM meet Make WODS Great Again in real life at the FITAID booth.
- GoRuck Hero WOD for fallen Green Beret Will Lindsay, with free beer to follow, at 2:45 PM at Partner Row. Limited to the first 100 registered athletes.
- “Don’t Be An A**hole Trans-Inclusion Panel” at 4:00 PM.
- Reebok’s Celebrate the Female Athlete Panel with Julie Foucher, Jen Widerstrom, Christy Adkins and Lindy Barber. The panel will take place from 5:00 – 6:30 at Brittingham Boats followed by a Celebrating the Female Athlete class from 6:30 – 7:00 on the Reebok Fit Barge, with transportation to the barge being provided from Brittingham Boats.
- FITAID One-Ton Challenge, presented by the Shrugged Collective at 5:30 PM at the FITAID Lounge. Hosted by C.T. Fletcher, athletes will complete six lifts to earn a spot in the One-Ton Club.
- OUTWOD is hosting the Big Gay Happy Hour CrossFit Games Edition at Prism Dance Club from 7:00 – 11:00 PM.
- C.T. Fletcher Meet and Greet at the FITAID booth from 12:00 to 1:00 PM.
- OUTWOD Games Edition at 12:30 and 1:00 at Partner Row. A suggested donation of $20 will get you a limited edition OUTWOD 2019 T-shirt.
- Power Monkey gymnastics handstands and core with Dave Durante from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM.
- Ragnar Sunset Relay at the 2019 CrossFit Games at the CrossFit Games Partner Row at 5:30 PM.
- Drop-in to CrossFit Recursive for an OUTWOD at 9:00 AM. Drop-in fee is $25.
- Join Christmas Abbott in the FITAID booth for a meet and greet from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
- From 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM is the Power Monkey weightlifting foundational principles with Mike Cerbus at the FITAID booth.
- The Official After-Party of the 2019 Reebok CrossFit Games at Liquid at 9:00 PM.
- Katrin Davidsdottir will read from her book, “DOTTIR” at A Room of One’s Own from 6:00 -7:30.
Get The Newsletter
For a daily Digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.