The Story Behind WIT, The Global Training Retailer
Located in the heart of London’s financial district, WIT’s 18-month-old gym and retail space is Mecca for the burgeoning training category.
Built just steps from the London Stock Exchange, the vision was “to give the training consumer a curated multi-brand product selection that we think they deserve,” said CEO and Co-Founder Dan Williams.
Below WIT’s store is a full CrossFit affiliate, running classes from 5:30 AM to 7:00 PM at night for 200 members and more than 100 drop-ins a week.
“We are for the serious trainer,” Williams said in an exclusive sit down with Morning Chalk Up.
Back in 2015, Williams, who was inov-8’s UK account manager at the time, approached Sam Kitching, WIT’s other co-founder with an idea.
That year, they launched multiple pop-up shops in London’s trendy Shoreditch district. The following year, they opened a full retail store in the same neighborhood.
In 2017, with plans to merge a full retail and training experience, WIT launched its first funding round and met their £840,000 target in seven days. By the time they closed the crowdfunding campaign, WIT had raised more than £1,200,000 from 389 investors.
Since the opening of their new store 18-months-ago, the brand has been on a meteoric rise in training. Today, they ship worldwide, averaging 30-40 countries daily.
- Throughout 2019, they expanded their sponsored athlete roster to include Scott Panchik, Jamie Greene, Jessica Griffith, Cody Mooney, Haley Adams and Elliot Simmonds.
- In June, NIKE partnered with WIT for the global launch of the Metcon 5 in Paris, France where the shoe was available for testing and purchase a full 11 days before anyone else in the world.
- In July, they inked a deal with CrossFit, Inc. to be the official global e-commerce partner of CrossFit, combining the old CrossFit store and CrossFit Stuff store into one.
- In September, WIT expanded their training partnership to premiership Rugby, becoming the official training partner of the Northampton Saints.
- Planning second store expansion in 2020 to the East Coast of the United States.