20.5 Penalties Announced, Major Penalties Shake Up Leaderboard
Earlier this week we reported Logan Collin’s announcement of his 20.5 penalties and the impending barrage of penalties to come. Well, the hammer fell Friday as the final round of video review penalties were announced today by CrossFit HQ.
- 15 athletes in total were hit during this round of penalties, 8 women and 7 men.
- 6 major penalties were doled out that shook up both the men’s and women’s leaderboards.
- 7 penalties for lack of height on the wall ball were passed out, along with 4 for lack of lockout on the muscle-up.
Minor penalties: Jamie Greene, Emma McQuaid, Gabriela Migala, Sabrina Caron, Haley Adams, Jeffrey Adler, Marquan Jones, Piotr Szczycinski, and PD Savage.
Major Penalties: Melina Rodriguez, Jimena Delaney, Emelie Lundberg, Logan Collins, Christian Lucero, and Giorgios Karavis.
- Rodríguez holds onto a qualifying position as Argentinian National Champion despite the penalty.
- Lundberg was in the hunt for a potential backfilled position prior to the penalty and has dropped to 54th worldwide
- Collins currently sits one spot above the qualifying blue line on the leaderboard while Karavis was dropped out of a qualifying position to 34th overall.
- Lucero was in a position to potentially receive a backfill invite prior to the penalty but now sits in 41st overall and out of contention.
- Collins on the process: “Yes, they have done a good job of communication honestly, they let me explain the reasoning behind the technique which was cool. I’d say I’ll know the results of it next week.”
Reminder: CrossFit has until December 16 at 5:00 PM PT to finalize the video review process for national champion and top 20 qualifying spots. After that, the leaderboard will be finalized.