Mid-Atlantic CrossFit Challenge Postponed, Now June 26-28
Following two days of Sanctional postponements, including the last-minute call made yesterday afternoon at the Atlas Games in Montreal, Quebec, the Mid-Atlantic CrossFit Challenge, the last remaining event on the schedule in April, has officially postponed. In an Instagram announcement, the MACC stated: “Due to the uncertainty and rapid spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the Mid-Atlantic CrossFit® Challenge has decided to postpone the Main Event to June 26-28, 2020.”
One big thing: With this postponement, the 2020 CrossFit Games Sanctional season is officially on hold for the next two months. As of this moment, the next event still on the schedule is the Rogue Invitational, May 15-17. The Rogue organizers will provide a schedule update on April 15.
From the MACC: “This decision was not taken lightly and was done with the health of our athletes, staff, spectators, and sponsors in mind. Our team has been working closely with DC officials and we truly believe this decision will provide the safest conditions possible for everyone involved and provide ample time to make the necessary accommodations. An email will be sent out to athletes and staff with next steps. Please continue to follow our page for future announcements.”
The bottom line: As with the other postponements over the past two days, MACC organizers had little choice in this matter and getting a new date on the schedule will help athletes, volunteers and vendors adjust their travel arrangements.
Status of current scheduled Sanctionals now through the end of May.
- March 13-15: CrossFit Atlas Games — Postponed, Date TBD.
- March 20-22: West Coast Classic — Postponed, Date TBD.
- March 28-29: CrossFit German Throwdown — Postponed to July 18-19.
- April 3-5: Reykjavik CrossFit Championship — Postponed to June 5-7.
- April 8-11: ELFIT CrossFit Championship — Postponed to June.
- April 17-19: Mid-Atlantic CrossFit Challenge — Postponed to June 26-28.
- April 24-26: CrossFit Italian Showdown — Postponed, Date TBD.
- May 8-10: Asia CrossFit Championship — Postponed to July 3-5.
- May 15-17: Rogue Invitational — Planned as scheduled. Next decision date 4/15.
- May 22-24: Down Under CrossFit Championship — Planned as scheduled. Next decision date 4/15.
- May 22-24: Madrid CrossFit Championship — Planned as scheduled.
- May 29-31: The CrossFit Lowlands Throwdown — Planned as scheduled.