The prestigious Rogue Invitational became the latest CrossFit Sanctional affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. In an Instagram post on Wednesday morning, organizers announced that they have pushed back the date of their competition to June 13-14.
The bottom line: The Rogue Invitational became the sixth Sanctional to reschedule their event due to the pandemic.
- Four Sanctionals; the Atlas Games, West Coast Classic, ELFIT CrossFit Championship and Italian Throwdown postponed their events and have yet to select a date to hold their competition.
- The new Rogue Invitational dates are during the same weekend as the Granite Games in Eagan, Minnesota. This could potentially cause issues for athletes, fans and especially volunteers as they have to choose between the two Sanctionals.
- Because the Rogue Invitational has already announced their athletes and with one of the largest prize purses, there shouldn’t be too much change in their line-up.
- The Rogue Invitational and Granite Games competition weekend will be the first time that two Sanctionals will be held at the same time in the same country.
- Nine Sanctionals now share their competition dates with another Sanctional. The weekend of July 3-5 will be shared by the Mayan Classic, Asia CrossFit Championship and the Down Under CrossFit Championship.
- The original dates for the Rogue Invitational, May 15-17, made it a three-day competition. The new dates given suggest a possible change to two days of competition.
- The Madrid CrossFit Championship, May 22-24, is the next scheduled Sanctional that has not announced any changes. With Spain declaring a state of emergency last week and on the verge of announcing a nation-wide lockdown, it wouldn’t be far-fetched to see the event organizers make an announcement soon.
The Morning Chalk Up is continuing to monitor all the changes to the 2020 CrossFit Games calendar and will update them as we get them.
Get The Newsletter
For a daily Digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.
Affiliate owner Nathan Black and his team at BGB CrossFit in Fayetteville, GA wanted to do something for the…
2020 has been an eventful year for Robbie Rodriguez. It started when the urgent care nurse and former CrossFit Games…