As nearly 90% of affiliates are closed worldwide, athletes across the planet have suddenly found themselves searching for ways to stay fit from home.
According to keyword research provided by Scott Henderson of Fitness Analytics, Google searches for at-home CrossFit related terms have ballooned since COVID-19 sent members home and gym doors closed around the globe.
- CrossFit at Home: 303% increase (US), 273% increase (WW)
- CrossFit workouts: 104% increase (US), 74% increase (WW)
- CrossFit dumbbell: 158% increase (US), 142% increase (WW)
- Workouts at home: 448% increase (US), 439% increase (WW)
* The percentage increases above are based on keyword search data comparing the periods of 2/16-3/15 with 3/16-4/15.
Why it matters: With nearly 90% of all CrossFit affiliates closed, the rise in organic search shows that interest remains in the global CrossFit index. Attracted by the relative safety of their living room and the encouragements of close friends and relatives, affiliates are actually onboarding new clients despite closed doors. The sign is encouraging as U.S.-based and some international markets look to open doors as soon as this week.
Get The Newsletter
For a daily Digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.
Affiliate owner Nathan Black and his team at BGB CrossFit in Fayetteville, GA wanted to do something for the…
2020 has been an eventful year for Robbie Rodriguez. It started when the urgent care nurse and former CrossFit Games…