Davidsdottir Condemns Glassman, CrossFit for Racist Remarks
Two-time CrossFit Games champion Katrin Davidsdottir became the first major athlete to condemn recent remarks by CrossFit’s Founder Greg Glassman. Davidsdottir joins a chorus of dissent in the CrossFit community that began with CrossFit’s dismissal of racial issues and terse response to a nine-year affiliate owner.
- Katrin Davidsdottir: “I am truly ashamed, disappointed and angry by what has been going on for these past days with an organization I dedicate myself to, work hard for and so proudly represent. These next two images, if you swipe right, are something that is SO wrong. This is something I DO NOT STAND FOR. This is not leadership. This is not good human nature.”
Why it matters: Typically CrossFit Games athletes have refrained from criticizing CrossFit HQ and their figureheads. That Davidsdottir would weigh in on this issue just shows how upset the community is.
Other top athletes are chiming in on Instagram comments.
- Amanda Barnhart: “Ashamed, disappointed, and angry.”
- Brooke Wells: “Absolutely agreed.”
- Dani Speegle: “I am disappointed. I am shocked. I am disgusted.”
- Kelsey Kiel: “I am SPEECHLESS.”