NCFIT Partner Program Offers a Potential Option for Gym Owners
In the aftermath of a tumultuous week that saw the resignation and retirement of CrossFit Inc. founder and CEO Greg Glassman, many in the CrossFit community are asking where do we go from here?
2008 CrossFit Games champion Jason Khalipa, the owner of the NCFIT brand, is one among a chorus of voices offering potential pathways forward. Last week, he released the NCFIT Partner Program as one option for affiliate owners looking for a new brand.
One big thing: Although some were thrown off by the timing of the announcement, the NCFIT Partner Program has been in the works for a long time. Khalipa himself has owned and operated 15 gym locations worldwide.
Khalipa, who became a CrossFit affiliate owner in 2008 when he opened NorCal CrossFit, said: “We had plans with this offering for a while. The demand and the need to provide a way for owners to connect further with our brand and resources has existed for a long time,” he said.
- “For over a decade we have been refining our model through owning and operating locations ourselves,” he added.
Being a partner will mean receiving programming, session plans, coach and business development tools, as well as a “brand, community, and culture they can be proud of,” Khalipa said.
- “Integrity, honesty and clear communication are essential,” he added.
Khalipa acknowledged that some criticized his timing: “I can understand how some may view our announcement to be poorly timed. Our intent was surely not to take advantage of the situation, but instead to offer support and positivity at a critical time.”
- “Our sole intent is to do what we believe is right for the community and owners. Owners are looking for a path forward and we have one available. If owners choose to go in another direction, we support that fully. We are simply saying that we have plans to roll this out and welcome anyone who may be interested in joining us,” he said.
Despite some critics, Khalipa has received mostly positive support:
- “We were overwhelmed by the positive response from the community, and it only furthers our resolve to push things forward,” he said.
The ultimate goal for NCFIT gyms: “Live better and allow owners to provide for their families doing what they love. Live better and provide opportunities for coaches to express their passion and grow their knowledge,” he explained.
- “Live better and ultimately impact the lives of millions of athletes around the world through a stronger and more unified path forward,” he said.
Get the Newsletter
For a daily digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Competitions, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.
"*" indicates required fields