The Brazil CrossFit Championship: Day Two Recap
Editor’s Note: At the time of publication, CrossFit has not yet finalized these leaderboards. Some shifting may still occur.
The second day of virtual competition for the Brazil CrossFit Competition offered little surprises in the 2021 NOBULL CrossFit Games qualifying process. The top names in South America are still fighting for Games and Last Chance Qualifier spots as the race gets tighter, especially in the men and team divisions.
The women’s division:
Larissa Cunha and Sasha Nieves sit in a tie atop the leaderboard with Cunha holding the tie-breaker as the two Games invites look to be between the two women. Cunha’s day one lead was erased on Saturday thanks to Nieves first win, finishing Workout 4 with 51 reps.
- Nieves tied Katrin Davidsdottir (German Throwdown) for the most reps in the workout during this weekend’s Semifinals.
- Nieves added a fifth place in Workout 3, giving her four finishes in the top five.
- Cunha countered with a third place in Workout 3 followed by a seventh in the day’s final workout.
- Victoria Campos remained in third place, trailing the leaders by 44 points despite a win in Workout 3. Her time of 17:39 is the world’s eighth best in the workout and nearly two minutes better than her closest South American competitor.
- Luiza Dias is in fourth place after an impressive day two that saw her collect two top-5 finishes including a runner-up finish in Workout 3.
- Thais Nunes ends day two in the final LCQ spot.
- Just nine points behind Nunes are Alexia Williams and Luiza Marques.
The men’s division:
Agustin Richelme built upon his Day one lead, extending it to 24 points ahead of Brazilian Guilherme Malheiros. The Argentinian won Workout 3, finishing the triplet in 14:57, the fifth fastest time in this weekend’s three virtual Semifinals.
- Richelme concluded the day with a fourth place finish in Workout 4, completing 44 reps in the ascending-weight snatch workout, just four reps out of the lead.
- Malheiros won his second workout of the Semifinal, becoming the only individual male in the three virtual Semifinals who has multiple wins.
- The 21-year old Brazilian completed 48 reps in the workout, tying Adrian Mundwiler (Lowlands Throwdown) and Boris Judin (German Throwdown) for the third-most reps completed in the Semifinals.
- Kaique Cerveny sits in third place overall, just four points behind his Brazilian countryman. He matched his day one finishes with a fifth and third place respectively on Saturday.
- Venezualean Omar Martinez dropped to fourth place. He had his best finish of the Semifinal on Saturday, placing third in Workout 3 with a time of 15:44.
- Brazilian Anderon Primo moved into the fifth and final LCQ spot ahead of Argentinian Nicolas Bidarte. Primo had a fourth place and second place finish respectively on day two.
The team division:
Fourmixx Brazil’s dominant day one extended into Saturday as they swept the day’s workouts. They won Team Workout 3 with a time of 12:50, the third-best time in the virtual Semifinals and followed that with a combined weight lifted of 1,000 lbs, the fourth-most weight lifted in Team Workout 4 in the Semis.
- Fourmixx has three event wins and a runner-up finish in the BCC with two more events to go on Sunday..
- Twenty five points behind Fourmixx is CrossFit Villa Luro who holds just a five point lead over Q21 for the final Games invite.
- CrossFit Villa Luro placed second in Workout 4 with a combined weight of 986 lbs lifted.
- Q21 was the runner-up in Workout 3, finishing :17 second behind Fourmixx. They finished fourth in Workout 4 with a combined weight of 975 lbs.
On tap for the final day: The BCC concludes tomorrow with the final two virtual workouts. Workout 5 is a long triplet that features three rounds of ascending distances and repetitions of rowing, handstand walks and legless rope climbs. The sixth and final workout is the one of the seven new “Girl” workouts, “Grettel”, which is a quick 10-round couplet that features three clean and jerks and three bar-facing burpees. This will be the second time the “benchmark” workout will be featured in the Semifinals, having first appeared at the Mid-Atlantic CrossFit Challenge.
- Follow all the action through the Morning Chalk Up’s BCC Semifinal page.
The Top Overall Top 10 After Day 2
- Larissa Cunha (364) | Agustin Richelme (380) | Fourmixx Brazil (395)
- Sasha Nieves (364) | Guilherme Malheiros (356) | CrossFit Vila Luro (370)
- Victoria Campos (320) | Kaique Cerveny (352) | Q21 (365)
- Luiza Dias (317) | Omar Martinez (336) | Team Treta (295)
- Thais Nunes (273) | Anderon Primo (304) | Team Punk (260)
- Alexia Williams (264) | Nicolas Bidarte (296) | Team SP (250)
- Luiza Marques (264) | Bruno Marins (242) | Team Samurai (250)
- Valentina Rangel (262) | Joao Pedro Barcelos (242) | CFP9 (220)
- Gabriella Moratti (245) | Ivan Verdun (232) | Vittoria MoreReps Classic (220)
- Melina Rodriguez (237) | Maximiliano Arigossi (232) | Ignorantes (215)