Exclusive: CrossFit Affiliate Programming Signups Explode in First 24-Hours of Launch
Earlier this week, CrossFit announced that for the first time they will provide daily programming and coaching support for affiliates that sign up. The CrossFit Affiliate Programming, also referred to as CAP, signed up nearly 1800 gyms in the first day alone according to internal figures shared exclusively with Morning Chalk Up.
By the numbers:
- In the first 24 hours after the launch, 1790 affiliates signed up.
- This makes up roughly 15% of CrossFit affiliates in good standing around the globe.
- Affiliates are from 77 different countries.
The first ten affiliates will begin onboarding on Tuesday, July 6, with plans to onboard at least 100 affiliates by July 20, 1,000 by mid-August, and all interested gyms by October 1.
One big thing: CrossFit will be adding their first new significant revenue stream in years and it’s monthly.
- While the program will be free through 2021, it’s expected to cost $150 in 2022.
- That’s $268,500 in monthly recurring revenue if all 1,790 affiliates remain in the program, more than $3.2 million annually.
What they’re saying: Dan Hollingsworth with Kitsap CrossFit said they currently use Speal Programming but prior to that, coaches in house would write daily WODs. He said, signing up for CAP will give their coaches back something that’s always running out. Time.
- “It saves the business money and frees up that coach to gain an additional personal training client per week or additional time nurturing relationships with members as opposed to sitting in front of a computer,” said Hollingsworth.