CrossFit Affiliate Programming Now Free with Yearly Affiliate Fee
Last week CrossFit announced that beginning May 1, CrossFit Affiliate Programming (CAP) will be included with a gym’s yearly affiliation fee.
One big thing: The CAP program was launched in June 2021 with a six-month free trial, then in 2022, affiliates were charged $125 USD per month to continue with the service. Since its launch, the feedback from the community has been positive.
- Affiliate owners have reported saving four to six hours per week using CAP.
Remind me: When the CAP program was unveiled, 1,790 affiliates signed up in the first 24 hours, representing ~15% of affiliates in good standing at that time.
Affiliates who join CAP receive daily WODS and class plans created by top CrossFit Seminar Staff members.
- The program was founded by three former Individual and Team athletes who are current and long-time CrossFit HQ employees: Austin Malleolo, Spencer Hendel and James Hobart.
- The trio have a combined 24 appearances at the CrossFit Games and have trained more than 20,000 coaches while working as part of the Seminar Staff.
Recently, Hobart has moved into a new position as Product Manager for Programming, while Malleolo is now Director of US Gym Operations. Hendel remains in charge of the CAP program.
The details: Beginning on May 1, affiliate owners will have access to CAP seven days a week as well as CAP’s full library of coaching development tools, daily in-depth class plans and video resources.
- CAP will be available on multiple workout platforms, including: SugarWOD, Wodify, Beyond the Whiteboard, Train Heroic and Boxmate.
What they’re saying: “CrossFit affiliates are leaders in the fitness industry,” Malleolo said.
- “We are continually looking for ways to increase the value we bring to gym owners and support the ecosystem’s quality by providing resources such as access to robust coaching development tool and programming for all affiliates,” he continued.
- James Hobart: “The CAP program has allowed us to take feedback and really create something that is catered to the affiliate community.”
- “I think what we are trying to do right now is really listen to affiliate owners about what needs they have and what expectations they have from us,” he concluded.
The bottom line: The CAP program is part of a larger suite of resources for affiliate owners. That suite includes the Affiliate playbook, the Affiliate Partner Networks, a marketing playbook and more.
- All of these resources are part of a new direction for CrossFit HQ that began in 2021 encapsulated by the mantra “Tools not Rules.”
Learn more about CAP at the Morning Chalk Up, we run a CAP workout of the month, every month.
Get the Newsletter
For a daily digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Competitions, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.
"*" indicates required fields