Rogue Record Breakers Qualifiers Offers Chance to Compete at Rogue Invitational and Prize Money
For those athletes who were disappointed that the Rogue Invitational did not hold an online qualifier to compete at one of the premier off-season CrossFit competitions, Rogue has offered an alternative to get a chance to compete at Dell Diamond in Austin, TX on October 29-31. Rogue’s Record Breakers Online Qualifiers offers athletes the opportunity to not only compete in-person at the Invitational but also a cash prize.
The details: The Record Breakers Online Qualifiers was first announced in July with the deadline for submissions on September 19, 8 PM EST. Registration for the qualifier is available on the Rogue Record Breakers website. Launched in 2016, Rogue Record Breakers is a unique strength challenge to showcase amazing accomplishments of modern strength across all disciplines. Past Record Breaker events were held at the Arnold Sports Classic, at the 2019 Rogue Invitational and again live on the 2020 Rogue Invitational broadcast.
- Qualifying athletes will receive an invite to compete at the Rogue Invitational for a chance to win cash and a place in the Rogue Record Breakers history books.
- Qualifiers will also receive an athlete credential and 2 general admission passes for guests.
- Travel and accommodation related expenses are not provided for the competition.
- There are eight Rogue Record Breaker events that will be showcased at the Rogue Invitational that athletes can register to qualify for.
- Those eight events include Rigoulot One-hand Snatch, Anvil Grip Lift, Women’s Bag Over Bar, Raw Repetition Deadlift, Men’s Rogue Replica Dinnie Stone Hold, Overhead Wooden Log Lift, Women’s Elephant Bar Deadlift and the Women’s Monster Dumbell Press.
- Details and rules on the particulars of each event are also available on the Rogue Record Breakers website.
- The current Raw Repetition Deadlift record holders have significant ties to CrossFit as the men’s record holder is current Director of US Gym Operations for CrossFit and seven-time Games athlete Austin Malleolo who completed 61 deadlifts at 315 LBs in 2 minutes. On the women’s side three-time Games athlete Carolyne Prevost holds the record with 62 repetitions at 225 LBs. Both records were set at last year’s Arnold Sports Classic.
The bottom line: On the heels of making waves with the largest prize purse for an offseason CrossFit sanctioned event ever, Rogue is once again offering athletes a chance to showcase their strength and skills while making money for their achievements. The inclusion of the Record Breakers competition along with the actual CrossFit competition, Legends division and the Strongman competition makes the Rogue Invitational a spectacle that will provide entertainment for fans of fitness as well as the possibility of witnessing history.