How to watch Open Announcement 22.2
The second live Open announcement of the 2022 season is coming in hot tomorrow on the official CrossFit YouTube channel.
The details: The live Open announcement will kick off the second week of the 2022 CrossFit Games Open. More than 290,000 athletes are taking part in the Open this year across the globe and CrossFit Home Office is pulling out all the stops to host live announcements this year.
- Morning Chalk Up Pre-Show: Join the team and special guests for a live show before 22.2 kicks off in Columbus, OH.
- Special guests include Patrick Vellner, Rory McKernan, Patrick Clark and Brian Friend. Co-hosted by Lauren Kalil and Tommy Marquez
- 22.2 will be presented by Monster Energy Hydro and will take place in Columbus, OH.
- The 2021 Fittest Man on Earth, Justin Medeiros will take on Saxon Panchik, who recently finished eighth at Wodapalooza. On the women’s side, two-time Second Fittest Woman on Earth, Laura Horvath will take on Emma Lawson, the 17-year-old Canadian phenom and 2021 Fittest Teen.
- The 22.3 workout match-ups for the live announcement have not yet been announced.
Worth noting: The average age of these four athletes is 22. Panchik and Horvath are the elders at 25 and 24, while Medieros won his first Games last year at 22 years old and Lawson is just 17. While there are already four podium finishes between Horvath and Medieros, these athletes are a glimpse into the future of elite CrossFit, both in terms of their own personal achievements and the routes they’ve taken to earn them.
- Oh yeah, and March 3, the date of the announcement is Medeiros’ 23rd birthday.
How to watch: Tune in to the CrossFit Games website or CrossFit YouTube channel for the live 22.2 announcement on Thursday, March at 12 PM PT.
- And as always, the Morning Chalk Up will provide workout strategy guides and full leaderboard coverage and analysis.