BREAKING: Alison Andreozzi Named CrossFit’s Interim Chief
Alison Andreozzi, CrossFit’s chief financial officer, has been appointed as interim chief to lead the company while the search for a CEO continues, according to sources. The change was announced during an all-hands staff call today and confirmed to Morning Chalk Up.
What they’re saying: “The board of directors of CrossFit has asked CFO Alison Andreozzi to lead the company on an interim basis while it completes the search for a new CEO,” CrossFit’s head of communications Andrew Weinstein told the Morning Chalk Up.
- “Alison is a 10-year member of Park City Fit in Utah, and she has recently served in similar leadership roles for two other companies.”
- “In her new role, Alison will provide leadership over CrossFit’s day-to-day operations and ensure that the business continues to move forward with clear and effective decision making.“
- “As she told employees in an all-hands today, her goal is focusing on what makes CrossFit unique, including the methodology, ethos, and coaching, so it can accelerate growth, engagement, and retention across the business.”
One big thing: CrossFit has been without a CEO for nearly four months. The day-to-day operations of the company have been left to its C-suite since the beginning of February after then CEO Eric Roza stepped down and moved to Chairman of the Board.
- CrossFit’s president Jason Dunlop outlined some of the characteristics they’re looking for in a replacement on an affiliate town hall back in March, emphasizing the importance of “their commitment to CrossFit” and having a “growth mindset.”
- CrossFit’s Chief Technology Officer, Jeremy Landis, stepped down ten days ago after a 17-month stint at the company citing a change in technology priorities at the company.
What we know about Alison Andreozzi: Not much to be honest, other than she is a long-time CrossFit athlete and she joined Crossfit as the Chief Financial Officer nine months ago according to her LinkedIn profile. She’s not particularly active on her Twitter or Instagram.
- Andreozzi isn’t without CEO credentials. She served as Interim CEO for 11 months at Backbone, and CEO at Upwell health for almost 20 months.