SouthFit Joins the IOQ
Yesterday, the SouthFit CrossFit Challenge announced on their Instagram that they’ll be joining the International Online Qualifier coalition, adding another Sanctional to the list of events joining forces to smoothen out the qualification process next season.
- New addition: The first year sanctioned event out of Buenos Aires, Argentina, becomes the fourth event to hop on board with the IOQ.
- The other three: The CrossFIt Filthy 150, Wodapalooza, and the CrossFit Atlas Games.
- Here’s the qualifier announcement and dates
Season taking shape: Between the IOQ and the coalition of events using the Open as a qualifier, there are now ten Sanctionals banded together in some shape or form through their qualification process.
- More than a third of the Sanctionals season (10 out of 28 events), can be qualified for through just two sets of qualifiers.
- By the end of the Open in October, athletes could potentially earn qualification for events in 10 different countries ranging from December to June, and have a much more laid out plan for the season.
- Registration is now live for the IOQ and you can sign up here.
More to come: With a handful of European regionals still left to declare their qualification process, and events like the CrossFit Mayhem Classic potentially using the Open as a qualifier for their individual only competition, these number totals for these groups could grow in the near future and see half of the Sanctional season grouped together.