Teen and Masters International Championships Offers Online Competition for Athletes
The options for CrossFit athletes in the age group divisions to showcase their fitness continues to increase. The Teen and Masters International Championship is the latest competition to join the list. Like the other age group competitions, the TMIC looks to fill the void for the teen and master athletes who saw their season come to an end after HQ announced the cancelation of their divisions at the 2020 CrossFit Games.
One big thing: What separates the TMIC from other competitions is that it’s an invite-only, international online competition.
- The competition will be held from July 29-August 3, during the same time that the Games will be held and what would normally be the age group athletes’ time to show off a season’s worth of training.
- The competition will feature six to eight workouts over the course of those six days.
- The TMIC will consist of eight age group divisions for both men and women, 14-15, 16-17, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, and 60+.
- The top 20 athletes in each division of the 2020 CrossFit Age Group Online Qualifier will receive invitations.
- Age group division champions in any Sanctional competition are also invited.
- Champions of The Teen Fitness League and Masters Legends Competition.
- Athletes who are outside of the top-20 in the AGOQ are also eligible and are asked to email Connor Martin for more information.
- Programming for the event will be provided by Bill Grundler and Chase Ingraham.
- The Masters Legends Comp and the Teen Fitness League have also partnered for the event.
- Athlete’s who have confirmed to compete at the TMIC include Ryan Elrod (35-39 masters AGOQ champion), Suzzana Etto (35-39 Masters AGOQ champion), Kelley Jackson (35-39 Masters 2nd AGOQ and CrossFit Games athlete), Stephanie Roy (40-44 two-time CrossFit Games age group champion), Janet Black (45-49 two-time CrossFit Games champion) and Laurie Meschinick (55-59 CrossFit Games champion).
- The competition is free for all athletes and they can register on Competition Corner.