O2 and the Community Coalition Deliver a Fall 50/50 Pledge to Consumers and Affiliate Owners for October
Last spring, the fitness community faced a nearly unprecedented challenge in the form of the COVID-19 pandemic. Gym members banded together to hold fundraisers to help their gym owners, while the owners themselves held online classes and activities to keep their communities active and united. At the same time, a group of brands rooted in fitness created the Community Coalition to share profits with local gyms in an effort to stave off economic hardship.
Remind me: Led by O2, Born Primitive, Puori, and Bear Komplex, the Community Coalition offered local gym owners a 50% share in all of the online purchases made by the members of their gyms. All athletes had to do was enter their gym’s unique coupon code at checkout while shopping with any of these brands and 50% of the profits of the sale would be returned to their gym.
- Some gyms that participated in the spring earned over $2,000 in cash payouts according to O2.
- More importantly, the Community Coalition profit-sharing program rolled into the #StayforMay campaign in which gym members who paid their dues in May received gift vouchers from all four brands for $100 total.
- According to O2, over 50,000 gym members participated and were awarded approximately $6,000,000 in gift vouchers in June.
One big thing: This fall the Community Coalition has expanded to include eight brands and the 50/50 profit-sharing program is back for the month of October. Fearing that flu season might bring another round of closures and restrictions, the Community Coalition is setting the foundation to help gym owners early. Not only that, but the brands will also announce exclusive offers to consumers throughout the month.
The details: The first step is to register your gym. Registration is free for both gym owners and gym members and takes under a minute to complete.
- Once your gym is registered, O2 will send your gym’s unique code the following week to use at checkout with any of the participating brands. It’s as simple as that.
- Participating brands include: O2, GOWOD, Born Primitive, GORUCK, Four Sigmatic, Lesser Evil, RPM and Puori, each of which will be offering gym members special deals at various times in October
- Stay tuned as more promotions are planned for the later in the fall.
Wait, there’s more: When you register your gym, be sure to enter your email for a huge giveaway. One lucky participant will win a $10,000 gift card to Rogue Fitness, free Chipotle for you and your gym owner for a year, and six VIP tickets to Wodapalooza!
- Shopping With These Two Brands Goes Directly to Your CrossFit Affiliate
- Born Primitive Raised $186K in First Wave of Gym Stimulus Program
- O2, Partners Offer $100 Gift Card to Members Who #StayforMay
- O2 and Partners Contribute More than $4 Million in #StayforMay Vouchers, Loyal Gym Members Benefit