2020 CrossFit Games By the Numbers: Day 1
Here are the significant numbers we gathered after Day 1 of the 2020 Reebok CrossFit Games.
- You can download our iOS mobile app to have the entire schedule in your local time zone and stay up to date with all the action.
- 4: The number of consecutive event wins that Tia-Clair Toomey has won dating back to the online stage. That breaks the record of most consecutive Games victories previously held by Mathew Fraser and Rich Froning.
- 6: The number of missed lifts combined across the men’s and women’s CrossFit Total. The women had two misses while the men had four with Justin Medeiros accounting for two of them.
- 7: That’s how many pounds Jeffrey Adler beat Fraser by in the CrossFit Total denying the four-time champ his fourth-straight event victory which would have tied Toomey for the longest streak in Games history. It also kept Fraser from sweeping the day one events. Fraser took four firsts and one second.
- 18: The number of career Games events wins for Toomey. With her victory in the Corn Sack Sprint Toomey passed Rich Froning (16 wins) for second on the all-time wins list.
- 22: That’s the number of event wins Fraser has extended his record to after winning three of the first four workouts during day 1.
- 100: That’s how many yards that Kari Pearce and Haley Adams went unbroken during the Handstand Sprint. However it was Brooke Well that won the event, coming down twice during the race.
- 220: That’s how many points Fraser’s lead over Medeiros is at the end of day one. Coincidentally 220 points is how many points Fraser won the 2018 Games by, the largest margin of victory in Games history.
- 10,020: The combined weight in pounds by both the men and women’s field in the CrossFit Total. That’s just over 5 tons which is the equivalent of a UPS truck. The women lifted a combined 3,951 lbs while the men lifted 6,069 lbs worth of Rogue weights.