2020 CrossFit Games By the Numbers: Day 2
Enjoying Morning Chalk Up? Access additional exclusive interviews, analyses, and stories with an Rx membership.
Here are the significant numbers we gathered after Day 2 of the 2020 Reebok CrossFit Games.
- You can download our iOS mobile app to have the entire schedule in your local time zone and stay up to date with all the action.
- 3: The number of athletes who have won every event during a full day of competition (three or more events). Mathew Fraser and Tia-Clair Toomey joined Rich Froning as the only athletes to accomplish this feat after they each swept their four events on Saturday. Froning accomplished this on the final day of competition at the 2013 Games to clinch the third of his four titles.
- 6: The number of consecutive event wins by Mathew Fraser, breaking the Games record previously held by Tia-Clair Toomey. Since placing eighth in the 1,000 meter row in the online stage Fraser has won ten of the past 12 events, placing second in the two events he did not win.
- 1.59: In seconds, Adler finished behind Fraser in the Bike Repeater, the closest anyone had of toppling the champion on Day 2. Adler is the only athlete to defeat Fraser in an event, winning the CrossFit Total by seven pounds.
- 20.1%: The average percentage that Fraser was faster than all four of his fellow competitors across all Day 2 events.
- 23: The number of career Games events wins for Toomey. That total ranks second all-time to Fraser’s 27 event wins.
- 27.52: The weight of the Trek Bike in pounds used in event 8.
- $26,000: How much Fraser has made for his event finishes after two days of competition. His two-day haul just for event finishes is more than what Bjorgvin Karl Gudmundsson ($25,000) made for finishing eighth during the online state of the Games. If you account Fraser’s event winnings from the online stage, he has earned $40,000 which is more than what the payout for the Game’s fifth place finisher gets ($35,000).
More About CrossFit Games
Italian Elisa Fuliano Set to Debut at 2022 NOBULL CrossFit Games Eight Months After Arthritis Diagnosis