Filthy 150 Launches The 12 Days of Filthy
The details: From December 1 to 12, teams around the world can compete in the Irish Sanctional’s online, three-workout competition, with or without access to a gym. All that’s needed to participate are two dumbbells and a jump rope.
- Teams of four — two women and two men — are eligible to register as RX, scaled, or scaled plus in the open age or masters divisions.
- All three workouts need to be completed between December 1 and 12. Teams can complete the workouts individually or together; the score for each WOD will be a total of each team member’s reps.
- The registration fee is €25 and includes a festive tee, to help athletes get into the holiday spirit.
- 1st Place, Open Division: Flights to Miami and spot to compete at Wodapalooza.
- 1st Place, Masters Division: Flights to Arizona and entry in the Legends Masters Competition.
All athletes competing in the 12 Days of Filthy will be eligible to win daily participatory prizes, which will be released every day of the competition on social media. The first prize, drawn on December 1, is a Buttery Bros hamper and a year’s supply of Reign Body Fuel. Winners will be drawn daily and the prizes will change.
The bottom line: This competition was created to bring a bit of holiday cheer to the CrossFit community. It was designed to accommodate all athletes, regardless if they currently have access to a gym.
- “We believe one of the most difficult parts of this pandemic is not being able to hangout and throw down with our friends,” says Darina Dunne, commercial director for the Filthy 150. “We wanted to host an event that enables all of us to get together, virtually or in-person, to work out and compete as a team.”