Rogue Prize Purse Jumps $100K in Two Weeks
The prize purse for the Rogue Invitational has increased nearly $100,000 in the last two weeks alone as a result of increased ticket sales. The marquee off-season event already features the largest non-Games prize purse ever, as well as the only event to offer travel and lodging and pays out every athlete, regardless of finish.
One big thing: The more tickets that are sold the higher the prize purse and ticket sales have been going extremely well. Only executive suites, general admission and two lower-tiered packages are available at this point.
- Rogue has set an interesting precedent never before seen in CrossFit, tying payouts directly to sales.
- The top payout has already increased from $229,068 to $238,598 (+$9530).
- The bottom payouts (10th – 20th) have increased from $5,549 to $5,513 (+$222).
Thought starter?: If athletes are the ones filling the seats, then perhaps they deserve a larger share of the revenue?
- Rogue seems to think so, whether or not that was the catalyst for making this decision. They certainly have set an interesting precedent never before seen in CrossFit.
- Who’s getting invited?
- Rogue Increases Travel Stipend to Support Athletes’ Travel to Invitational
- The Rogue Invitational Prize Purse is Like Really Really Huge