CrossFit Launches Affiliate Partner Network, Another Earning Opportunity for HQ and Affiliates
CrossFit Home Office announced on Tuesday, October 19, 2021, the launch of another new opportunity for CrossFit Affiliates: the CrossFit Affiliate Partner Network (APN). The program will allow affiliates to reap the benefits of saving money through discounts from a variety of brands.
The details: The APN is an online purchasing hub where CrossFit affiliates can get consolidated access to certain brands. This includes brand discounts, member acquisition programs and even revenue-generating potential.
- There are 20 initial partners participating in the beta launch, all CrossFit community brands.
- The brands make up services that range from cleaning supplies, apparel, beverages, operating software and accounting services.
- Those that have already signed on include Airrosti, Beyond the Whiteboard, Big Ass Fans, Crossover Symmetry, FITAID, GoodEarth Distribution, Hydrant, O2, Optum, ProTrainings, PushPress, Rogue Fitness, SugarWOD, Thorne, UpLaunch, Whoop, WIT, Xero, and Zen Planner.
- This is just the beginning. CrossFit plans to grow the list of brands within the US and abroad based on affiliate feedback and requests.
One big thing: This is potentially another large revenue stream for CrossFit HQ, though it’s unclear at this beta stage what financial figures could look like. Under the new Roza leadership, we continue to see diversifying revenue streams as APN becomes the third major program that will generate cash flow for HQ in just the past four months. This follows the launch of the CrossFit Affiliate Programming (CAP) and CrossFit Precision Care.
How it could help affiliates: In short, hopefully increase profit margins for affiliates selling retail items and reduce the overall expenditures and outlays for their cost of business.
- Through the APN, affiliates should be getting the best available market price that they couldn’t otherwise get on their own.
- There’s also revenue potential for gyms that implement the APN through member sales.
- The APN is included in the annual affiliate fee.
- Discounts for affiliates can range anywhere from 20 to more than 50 percent off.
- Affiliate owners and coaches can get specific discounts and perks on footwear and apparel brands.
Listening to the community: The launch of the APN wasn’t just something created by the minds of those within CrossFit HQ, rather, it was something the affiliate community specifically asked for.
- “Earlier this year, we surveyed affiliates on the best ways CrossFit Home Office could support them and help grow their businesses, and the number one request was this type of group buying service,” said Gary Gaines, CrossFit’s GM of Affiliates and International.
- “Working with our launch partners and additional future brands, the CrossFit APN will offer deep discounts on standard gym purchases, while offering tools and opportunities to generate additional revenue through sales to members,” Gaines continued.
The bottom line: CrossFit will make money off of the APN, and so will affiliates, as it’s designed. While there is no current data that can predict how much revenue, there’s potential for it to be significant with more than 13,000 affiliates worldwide. For every sale that an affiliate makes, CrossFit has the potential to make a profit, opening yet another door for HQ to increase cash flow.