The 2022 CrossFit Games Season Schedule
Editor’s Note: The Games schedule has since been updated to include a fifth day.
CrossFit released a detailed outline of the 2022 CrossFit Games season, including dates for all qualifying events as well as the CrossFit Games.
- We’d recommend booking your hotels and AirBNBs now.
One very big thing: The CrossFit Games is moving back to a four-day schedule similar to 2017, starting on Thursday, August 4 and ending on Sunday, August 7. In contrast, the 2021 Games started on Tuesday with age group and adaptive divisions.
- This means all divisions will likely start on Thursday, creating more competition for eyeballs across divisions.
- The Open: February 24 – March 14
- Quarterfinals (Individuals, Teams and Age Groups): March 24 – April 24
- Semifinals (Individuals and Teams) — In-person
- Week 1: May 20 – 22
- Week 2: May 27 – 29
- Week 3: June 3 – 5
- Week 4: June 10 – 12
- Semifinals (Age Groups) — Online
- Age group (Divisions 14-15, 16-17, 35-39, 40-44, and 45-49): May 26-29
- Age group (Divisions 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, and 65+): June 2-5
- Adaptive: June 2-5
- Last Chance Qualifier: June 29 – July 1
- CrossFit Games: August 4 – 7
A few notable changes:
- Age groups will experience two notable changes: the addition of the quarterfinal stage and the online qualifier moving to two separate long weekends, splitting the divisions roughly in half.
- Adaptive divisions will also have a second online qualifier event. However, all adaptive divisions will automatically advance to the Semifinals.
Important to note:
- The Open will still be three weeks, consisting of 22.1, 22.2 and 22.3.
- Semifinals will still take place over four separate weekends.
- There are still a lot of details left to be announced, including the release of the full season rulebook, locations of Semifinal events, and registration details.