VIDEO: Top 5 Clean and Jerks from Dubai CrossFit Championship Event 2
On day 2 of competition, athletes squared up for a good ‘ol fashioned bar fight for the heaviest clean and jerk.
- Here’s the full leaderboard.
One big thing: Similar to a traditional Olympic weightlifting competition, athletes lifted from only one platform and could select their opening and second lifts. The barbell weight load could only go up, not down so there was more strategy present in selecting an opener as well as positioning yourself against other lifters.
- 2 lifts per athlete; athletes pick their weight
- Women’s bar: 70-75-80-85-90-95-100-102.5-105-107.5-110-102.5-115-117.5-120
- Men’s bar: 100-110-120-130-140-145-150-155-160-165-170-175-180-185-190
It’s worth noting: The tiebreak would be determined by the heavier opening lift.
- In the case of Laura Horvath, her failed attempt at 117.5kg resulted in a third place finish because she tied Gabi Migala’s 110kg lift. As Migala successfully completed two lifts and Horvath only one, Migala won the tiebreaker.
Get the Newsletter
For a daily digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Competitions, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.
"*" indicates required fields