How to Watch Open Announcement 22.1
The first live Open announcement of the Post-Dave Castro Era and the official start of the 2022 CrossFit Games season is coming in hot tomorrow on the official CrossFit YouTube channel.
The details: The live Open announcement will kick off the 2022 CrossFit Games season and the world’s largest participatory sporting event. The announcements started in the 2013 season and grew in size and popularity through 2018. CrossFit elected not to host live Open announcements during the 2019 and 2020 seasons, but returned to host them in 2021.
- Morning Chalk Up Pre-Show: Join the team and special guests for a live show before 22.1 kicks off in Boulder, CO.
- Special guests include Scott Panchik, Justin LoFranco, Armen Hammer, and Brian Friend. Co-hosted by Lauren Kalil and Joel Godett.
- 22.1 will be presented by GOWOD and will take place in Boulder, CO.
- The 2021 Second Fittest Man on Earth, Patrick Vellner will take on Noah Ohlsen, who is competing in his eleventh straight Open. On the women’s side, Underdogs training partners Danielle Brandon and Bethany Shadburne will battle it out.
- The 22.2 announcement on March 3 will feature the 2021 Fittest Man on Earth, Justin Medeiros will take on Saxon Panchik, who recently finished eighth at Wodapalooza, one spot behind his brother Spencer, and one spot ahead of his brother Scott. On the women’s side, two-time Second Fittest Woman on earth will take on Emma Lawson, the 17-year-old Canadian phenom and 2021 Fittest Teen.
- We are awaiting the 22.3 workout match-ups announcement.
How to watch: Tune in to the CrossFit Games website or CrossFit YouTube channel for the live 22.1 announcement on Thursday, February 24 at 12 PM PT.
- And as always, the Morning Chalk Up will provide workout strategy guides and full leaderboard coverage and analysis.