EXCLUSIVE: Reebok’s Bonus Program Back for 2022 NOBULL CrossFit Games
For the second season in a row, athletes across all divisions at the 2022 NOBULL CrossFit Games will have the opportunity to earn some extra money. Reebok has brought back the bonus program that awards money to athletes that win events while wearing a select lineup of Reebok footwear.
- Individual/Teams Divisions: $12,000 for first place finishers
- Masters/Teens/Adaptive Divisions: $1,200 for first place finishers
- Important: There is no cap limit on how many events a competitor can earn a bonus.
- Details for athlete applications below.
The fine print: The bonus program has some specific rules that determine whether an athlete is eligible for the extra money. The winning athlete must wear a version of the Reebok Nano X2, Nano X1 Froning or Nanoflex Parafit TR for the full duration of the event, provided footwear is required.
- Rules also apply to the teams. Every member of the winning team must wear the approved Reebok shoes to be eligible for the bonus program.
- The Nanoflex Parafit TR is a new addition to the list, one that supports adaptive athletes. Reebok added this shoe for 2022 while also pledging to donate $50,000 to organizations committed to supporting the adaptive community.
The first attempt: Reebok made waves during the 2021 NOBULL CrossFit Games by unveiling the bonus program, and more than 50% of the competing athletes took advantage by wearing Reebok shoes during events. The result is that Reebok awarded more than $400,000 in prize money.
- Patrick Vellner took full advantage during the 2021 CrossFit Games. He finished second overall, and he won three events while wearing Reebok footwear.
- Vellner is now a Tyr athlete, but he capped off his final season with Reebok by locking up $120,000 for second place, as well as $39,000 for his three event wins while wearing Reebok footwear.
How to register for the Reebok Bonus Program:
- Competing athletes must register and sign a participation agreement on the Reebok Bonus Program website. This step must be complete before an event takes place.
- Once the registration is complete, athletes will receive “confirmation and an official participation agreement directly from a Reebok representative via email.”
- Athletes can contact [email protected] for any required additional assistance.
Why this matters: Making it to the CrossFit Games in Madison, WI, is not cheap, especially in 2022. The Reebok Bonus Program helps offset some of these costs for athletes, regardless of whether they have a legitimate shot to earn the title of Fittest on Earth.
- One individual event win would equal $15,000 ($12,000 from Reebok, $3,000 from CrossFit). This is the same amount of money as an overall 13th-place finish.
- Two individual event wins would equal $30,000 ($24,000 from Reebok, $6,000 from CrossFit). This would be roughly the same as an eighth-place finish in the CrossFit Games. The updated prize purse awards $31,000 for seventh place and $29,000 for eighth place.
Get the Newsletter
For a daily digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Competitions, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.
"*" indicates required fields