NOBULL Announces Six Additional Athlete Jerseys
NOBULL has announced the six additional athletes that they will produce replica 2022 NOBULL CrossFit Games replica jerseys for: Björgvin Karl Guðmundsson, Travis Mayer, Willy Georges, Kara Saunders, Dani Speegle and Amanda Barnhart will all have their jerseys available to purchase based on the community response to NOBULL’s online jersey request form.
Remind me: Last week NOBULL made the news when they announced that they would compensate athletes who they produced replica jerseys of at the tune of $20 per jersey sold. The initial batch of Games athletes they made jerseys available for purchase on their online store were seven NOBULL athletes and eight non-NOBULL athletes. The goal of the program was to provide athletes additional revenue sources with this potentially becoming very lucrative for athletes.
- Athletes that had jerseys available in the initial online store are NOBULL athletes Tia Clair Toomey, Brooke Wells, Baylee Rayl, Kristi Eramo O’Connell, Mal O’Brien and Justin Medeiros.
- Non-NOBULL athletes with jerseys available for purchase are Danielle Brandon, Haley Adams, Patrick Vellner, Brent Fikowski, Laura Horvath, Noah Ohlsen, Guilherme Malheiros and Saxon Panchik.
- Long-time NOBULL athlete and this year’s favorite to win the 35-39 age group division at the Games, Sam Dancer also has a jersey available.
- CrossFit Mayhem Freedom and CrossFit Reykjavík will also have jerseys available for sale at the NOBULL Retail Experience store onsite at the Games in Madison, WI.
The response: Applauded by many athletes, the online presales have already been a success for the initial athletes announced. Seven of the athletes have already sold out of their initial presale stock. NOBULL athletes O’Connell, Rayl, and O’Brien have sold out both of their men’s and women’s jersey’s in every size. Non-NOBULL athletes Vellner, Malheiros, Adams and Brandon have also sold out of their stock.
- Medeiros, Ohlson and Horvath have sold out of their respective men’s jerseys with many other athletes close to selling out of their online stock.
- NOBULL will have jerseys available for sale of all the athletes at the Retail Experience store onsite in Madison, WI.
- NOBULL will be adding additional online inventory for all athletes that sold out or came close to selling out during the initial online presale.
- More details regarding the jersey availability of the six athletes just announced will be released soon according to NOBULL.
- Teen rookie Emma Lawson will also have a jersey available for sale, she was a part of the initial athlete announcement but her jerseys are currently not listed on the NOBULL website.
The bottom line: The six announced athletes are considered some of the more successful and popular athletes in CrossFit, representing the growing popularity of the sport in their respective countries including France (Georges), Australia (Saunders) and Iceland (Guðmundsson). NOBULL’s future goal is to be able to provide jerseys for all athletes for sale, specifically the individual athletes. With the latest announcement, 25% of the individual field will have the chance to make additional revenue from their jersey sales this year. This is a positive step in the right direction as CrossFit, its athletes and brands continues to find its place in the professionalization of the sport.