VIDEO: Why Royce Dunne Won’t Be on the CrossFit Games Demo Team
Exactly one week before the CrossFit Games, CrossFit announced their 2022 season demo team, which included Australian athlete Royce Dunne. Just a day later, Dunne took to social media and announced, “unfortunately, I will not be making my way to Madison to participate on the Demo team at this year’s [CrossFit Games].”
Morning Chalk Up’s Lauren Kalil sits down with Dunne to discuss how his vaccination status ultimately prevented him from traveling to the U.S., why last year he was able to travel to the U.S. without a vaccination and the ups and downs this season has brought.
- 1:12 – Emotions of not qualifying to the Games
- 2:44 – The landscape of Oceania only having 3 Games spots
- 6:52 – CrossFit asks Dunne to be part of the Demo team
- 8:38 – Thoughts when he was asked to be on Demo team
- 10:28 – Why Dunne won’t be on the Demo team
- 12:55 – How he made it to the Games last year
- 13:47 – Could CrossFit have helped get clearance
- 16:00 – Insight to the Demo team
- 18:20 – Diversity of the Demo team each year
- 19:32 – The bottom line
Get the Newsletter
For a daily digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Competitions, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.
"*" indicates required fields