Egypt’s ELFIT: Brent Fikowski to Compete and Patrick Vellner to Host Training Workshops
Celebrating their 10th anniversary, Egypt’s largest CrossFit competition will welcome two of the biggest names in sport from the Great White North, Brent Fikowski and Patrick Vellner.
Fikowski will be competing at the ELFIT CrossFit Championship on November 10-12 in Cairo, Egypt, and Vellner will spectate and host several workshops. The competition will serve as a tune-up for Fikowski who plans to remain in the region before competing at the Dubai Fitness Championship in early December.
- Wednesday, November 9: Meet and Greet with Patrick Vellner at Athlete Check-In (2:00 PM – 4:00 PM GMT+2)
- Thursday, November 10 – Saturday. November 12: Meet and Greet with Patrick Vellner (Times TBD)
- Friday, November 18: Train with Brent at Hit Egypt (Time TBD)
Other notable names competing:
- Phil Hesketh: Two-time CrossFit Games athlete who finished 9th in 2019.
- Alexandr Illin: Four-time fittest man in Russia, Illin qualified for the CrossFit Games in 2019 and 2021, finishing 55th and 38th, respectively. Illin failed to qualify out of the Asian semifinal event after finishing 9th.
- Rachel Knox: The British expat living in Dubai narrowly missed a ticket to the Games when her team, CrossFit Alioth, finished third at the Far East Throwdown Semifinal.
- Evie Hollis: Currently living in Abu Dhabi and coaching at Vogue Fitness UAE, the UK citizen has two European semifinals under her belt, finishing 15th at Strength in Depth in 2022 and 6th at the German Throwdown in 2021.
- Shahad Budebs: The four-time fittest woman in the UAE has steadily added to her competitive resume, finishing 84th at the 2019 Games, then 35th on a team in 2021. Budebs finished 6th at the Far East Throwdown semifinal last year.
- Julia Kato: The Brazilian native narrowly missed qualifying in 2021 by just one spot. She followed that up by taking 2nd at the Copa Sur Semifinal this year and then finished 37th in her first individual appearance at the 2022 Games.