Looking Ahead, Part 2: A Preview of the Remaining 2023, Early 2024 Season
In a Morning Chalk Up article published in August, we looked ahead at the large “off-season” competitions that were coming our way, to round out the rest of 2023, and begin 2024. Many of those competitions have since taken place and new ones have been finalized and announced.
Below is an updated list of upcoming events, with additional details that we’ve gathered, as they have been publicly shared.
- Crash Crucible – Spartanburg, SC – Oct 13-15
- Hosted by CrossFit Crash, this large scale event will be host to elite level individuals and teams. Colten Mertens, James Sprague, Elijah EZ Muhammad, Kenzie Riley and Marquan Jones are all scheduled to compete. The prize purse is valued at over $25,000.
- Rogue Invitational – Round Rock, TX – Oct 27-29
- At this point, Rogue is less than a month away, and we have a complete picture of the Individual and Legends roster. The prize purse continues to be the largest of any off-season competition, paying out every athlete competing.
- ELFIT CrossFit Championship – New Capital Sports City, Egypt – Nov 16-18
- A number of athletes took part in online qualifiers for the event, and invitations have recently been sent out to those who qualified.
- Down Under CrossFit Championship – Wollongong, NSW, Australia – Dec 1-3
- The roster has been finalized, and is made up of elite individuals, teams, masters and futures. Fans can expect to watch Games athletes like Sara Sigmundsdottir, Katelin van Zyl and Alethea Boon competing, as well as many up-and-comers.
- Dubai Fitness Championship – Dubai, UAE – Dec 8-10
- This invite-only event will host 30 men and 30 women. Invites have been sent out, but a full roster has not yet been made public. Via social media, it has been noted that Roman Khrennikov has received an invite and is planning to compete.
- Fit Fest – Birmingham, United Kingdom – Dec 8-10
- The line-up for this event is packed with Games veterans and with it being held the same weekend as Dubai, fans will have a very busy weekend of spectating, assuming live streams will be accessible. Some of the athletes scheduled to compete at this point are Danielle Brandon, Alexis Raptis, Pat Vellner, Jayson Hopper, Jelle Hoste, Emma Lawson, Brent Fikowski, among others.
- Legends Championship – Tempe, AZ – December 7-10
- Online qualifiers, which included six workouts, concluded several weeks ago. Invites were sent out last week.
- 2024 TYR Wodapalooza – Miami, FL – Jan 11-14
- 2024 CrossFit Games – Fort Worth, TX – Aug 8-11
- While we have yet to learn dates regarding the 2024 Open, Quarterfinals, or Semifinals, nor do we yet have definitive information on Age Group or Adaptive Divisions, we do know that the Games are moving to Texas, and dates have been set.
Along with these upcoming competitions, there are many more that could potentially bring in Games athletes, as they train and test themselves leading up to the 2024 season. The German Throwdown, The Fittest Experience and the final Latin American throwdowns of the year, feeding the Wodapalooza LatAm Cup are all approaching as well.