Two More Athletes Test Positive for PEDs
CrossFit announced two new Games athletes previously unknown tested positive for performance enhancing drugs. Both were tested during competition at the CrossFit Games. All athletes are appealing.
This brings the total of positive tests from testing at the Games to four:
- Bernard Luzi, winner of the Masters Men 50-54 division.
- George Simonds-Gooding, 2nd in the men’s Neuromuscular division.
- Stéphanie Roy, 4th in the Masters Women 40-44 division.
- Nick Bloch, 5th in the Masters Men 35-39 division.
The big picture: This brings the season tally to eight total athletes who tested positive for a banned substance, by no means the highest tally we’ve ever seen.
- Larissa Cunha, individual athlete, tested positive for Ostarine.
- Deshawn Smith, a team athlete, tested positive for Endurobol.
- Katie Christian, a team athlete, tested positive for Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA).
- Ray Fleser, a team athlete, tested positive for Ibutamoren.