BREAKING: 2021 CrossFit Games Season Rulebook Out Tomorrow
The highly anticipated rulebook for the 2021 CrossFit Games season is set to be released tomorrow, CrossFit confirmed. The rulebook’s release coincides with the start of Open registration a little more than two months before the season kickoff.
One big thing: With another round of sweeping changes to the competitive season, the early arrival of the rulebook will be welcome news for professional athletes trying to plan and navigate the new season’s structure.
- Traditionally the rulebook has also outlined details for the team competition, age group divisions, the prize purse, and country selection.
- The 2021 season will also welcome adaptive divisions for the first time.
- The drug testing policy is usually released simultaneously.
One big question: This week, CrossFit released a geographical breakdown detailing which countries will be lumped together. But the key question is how will CrossFit determine which of the ten Sanctionals an athlete will go to.
- January 7 — CrossFit Open registration begins.
- March 11 – 29: The 2021 CrossFit Open
- April 5 – 19: Quarterfinals
- May 3: Masters and Teens Qualifier
- May 24 – June 14: CrossFit Games Semifinals
- June 28: Last-chance qualifier
- July 26: 2021 CrossFit Games
- “Expanded Opportunities for Age Group Athletes and a ‘Covid-Proof’ Season, Castro Sheds More Light on 2021 and Beyond”
- “BREAKING: CrossFit Announces New Games Season Structure, Dates For 2021”
- “Eric Roza Lays Out New Approach, Details For 2021 And Beyond”