BREAKING: CrossFit Games Quarterfinal Workouts Released Early (SPOILERS)
Editor’s note: The story has been updated to include a statement from CrossFit.
Late last night, all five quarterfinal workouts were posted to the official CrossFit Games YouTube channel, revealing the details nearly 12 hours earlier than expected. This is the second consecutive leak of workouts which started with Open workout 22.3 being revealed just hours before it was announced.
How this probably happened: Even though the workout videos are unlisted, meaning that they’re not discoverable through search and only those with the URL can access the video or its contents, they were uploaded to a public YouTube playlist on the CrossFit Games channel, which allows the videos to be discovered if you access the playlist.
- The five workout videos were still live at the time of publication and had amassed thousands of views.
NOTE: The following five workouts have been blurred out in case you are not interested in seeing the details at this time.
What they’re saying: “Regrettably, due to an error in our publishing protocol, the Individual Quarterfinal workout walk-through videos were published to the CrossFit Games YouTube page earlier than planned,” Bozman said in a statement published to the CrossFit Games website. “The videos have been removed.”
- “The Games team takes this issue very seriously. We are conducting a full review of our processes to ensure the security of our future competitions.
- “The Individual Quarterfinal will run on the established timeline. Today (Thursday, March 24) at 12 p.m. (noon) Pacific Time, scorecards and full workout details will be released and the first score submission window will be live. The competition will close on Sunday, March 27, at 12 p.m. (noon) Pacific Time.
- “Good luck to all competing athletes.”
Important quarterfinals details worth noting: Athletes will be given three 24-hour windows to submit scores.
- Workouts 1 and 2: Thursday at 12:00 PM PT to Friday at 12:00 PM PT
- Workouts 3 and 4: Friday at 12:00 PM PT to Saturday at 12:00 PM PT
- Workout 5: Saturday at 12:00 PM PT to Sunday at 12:00 PM PT
Additional details: Adrian Bozman, CrossFit’s Director of Competition, also added these additional tips worth noting in an introductory video uploaded Tuesday:
- Athletes can repeat the workout as many times as he or she wants before the score submission deadline.
- All athletes are required to use a registered judge.
- It’s recommended that all athletes record their videos.
- All athletes looking to move on to Semifinals must record a video.
- “It’s also highly recommended that when you shoot your video, briefly film a standardized time website to confirm the date and time that your workout took place.”
- “Athletes do not have to complete the workouts in any particular order as long as you submit the specifically required workouts before each deadline.”
- Additional details and recommendations are outlined in this email from the Games team.
- Quarterfinals cuts lines
- Floor plans