CrossFit Games officials announced two drug sanctions today for Chantelle Loehner and Lauren Herrera, who were in breach of the drug policy stemming from in-competition tests following the Mid-Atlantic CrossFit Challenge (MACC).
That’s a wrap: Loehner’s breach of CrossFit’s drug policy has been known for more than a month after she announced it on Instagram. The cause for the delay in finalizing was due to the back and forth of the appeals process and testing of Loehner’s B sample. She was popped for anabolic steroid Oral Turinabol.
- Loehner will receive a four year ban effective April 14th, 2019.
- She also earned an individual spot at the Games through the Open. Her score will also be invalidated.
What happens now: Invictus X’s win at MACC is invalidated and their invite rescinded. Team MisFit is now the official winner.
- Team MisFit: Roy Gamboa, Alexis Johnson, Jennifer Smith, and Travis Williams (C).
- They will have seven days after receiving their invitation to finalize the roster which includes one male and female alternate.
Check your inbox: The Open leaderboard will now be finalized for women. Via the CrossFit Games Twitter: “the Open Leaderboard will soon be finalized and all pending female invitations will be sent to Open qualifiers and Sanctionals Invitees.”
- This will include the backfilling process for Sanctionals which has now grown very, very deep.
The second athlete included in this sanction, Lauren Herrera, also competed at the MACC with the SouthEast Beasts team, and tested positive for LGD4033 metabolite Andarine, a selective androgen receptor modulator (SARM), as well as metabolites of GW1516 – also known as Endurobol or Cardarine – a metabolic modulator.
- Herrera is a three-time Games qualifier on a team with HustleHard CrossFit from 2016-2018, and previously competed as an individual at the Atlantic and South East Regionals prior to that. She will receive a four year ban as well effective April 12th, 2019.
A few things worth noting: This marks the seventh time an athlete has tested positive for GW1516 in CrossFit Games history making it the most prevalent substance amongst CrossFit Games Drug Sanctions. Six of the sanctions have come since June of last 2018.
- This is the third time an athlete has tested positive for LGD4033 all time, and all have occurred within the last calendar year.
- This is just the second time an athlete has tested positive for Oral Turinabol.
- The CrossFit Drug Testing Policy can be found here in its entirety.
- To report any potential drug violations you can fill out the Drug Violation Allegation. Form or call the anonymous tip line at +1 831-316-1926.